IF YOUR DIGITAL MARKETING SUCKS, YOUR SOCIAL CASINO WILL TOO
Social gaming platforms (for the most part) take great care of users once they enter the experience. They will work with your team to create and host in-game promotions and events, along with incentives to make purchases. Opportunities are made available to users once they are in the social gaming experience; meaning they have signed up with their email address, phone number, and/or loyalty card number to receive information. Automated email marketing programs, mobile app push notifications, text messages, and social media posts keep your users up to speed and provide incentives to enter the social casino.
The success of your social casino is contingent on effectively driving new users into the platform. By taking the following steps, you will be more equipped to understand and manage expectations for your social gaming platform:
- Complete an extensive website audit and analyze your site performance – Is your website easy to navigate and mobile-friendly? Who is visiting and where do they live?
- Evaluate your mobile app – How many active users do you have? How effective are your push notifications? Are you geo-targeting users?
- Social Media review – Which social sites are you actively utilizing? What types of content are most engaging for your users? What are your engagement rates and average post reach?
- Digital advertising – Are you running SEO, PPC, Banner Ads, Pandora, Social Media, or other digital advertising programs? How effectively are these driving visits? How much are you spending?
- Evaluate email and SMS marketing programs – What are your open rates, bounce rates, and click-through rates? How many active records do you have in your database? What is the frequency of your messaging?
While completing a full digital marketing audit is not a requirement to launch a social gaming platform at your property, it is a valuable step that will provide insights and action items for your team. I hope this handful of questions provide a helpful start to evaluating your digital marketing program and if you’re interested in a full digital marketing audit, please contact Amy Hergenrother.
Please leave your comment about this article below. We welcome candid feedback, so speak freely! Your information is safe with us and if we decide to share your comment, we will contact you first for permission, promise!
How Casinos Can Turn Social Gaming Into a Revenue Stream
Make sure you understand the difference between the two approaches to social gaming - embedded and non-embedded sites Read Article
Standalone Revenue Center or Integrated Marketing Tool? Your options for social gaming at your casino
How to Effectively Engage in a Crowded Digital Landscape Learn about the strategic, gamified marketing cycle and how it works at your casino
Nerd Knowledge: Tax Season Advice from an Accountant No one enjoys tax season - how casinos can often make it worse for their guests
About the author
Justin is a marketing expert specializing in social gaming and digital strategy. He helps clients integrate social gaming into their overall marketing plan by considering partnerships with vendors, staff training, and choosing the right platform to meet their goals. If you’re interested in a full digital marketing audit, please contact Amy Hergenrother.